The national employment law firm Constangy, Brooks, Smith and Prophete, LLP is pleased to welcome Ashley Orler as a partner in the firm’s Chicago office.
Orler comes to Constangy after more than a decade at the Chicago firm of Golan Christie Taglia, LLP, where she was part of the employment practice group, working primarily with clients in the staffing, healthcare, real estate, retail, professional services, and nonprofit sectors. She joins managing partner Laura Balson, who left Golan Christie in 2021 to open Constangy’s Chicago office.
Orler has been recognized by Illinois SuperLawyers and as an Emerging Lawyer by Illinois Leading Lawyers, a distinction given to less than 2% of all lawyers licensed in Illinois. She received her J.D. from Loyola University and her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan.
“I’m delighted to work with Ashley again. She brings great experience to the team, and I look forward to having her on board as we continue to grow our presence in the Chicago market,” said Balson.
Orler said she was drawn to the firm’s practical approach to client service and reputation as a place where women attorneys can thrive. “I appreciate that Constangy focuses on collaborative work and establishing long-term relationships where you fully understand your clients’ culture and contribute to their overall business success.”
Adding additional bench strength to offices around the country, Constangy is also pleased to welcome eight new associates who have joined the firm in recent weeks:
- Daniel Ball has joined the immigration law practice in our Raleigh office, coming to the firm from positions with Fragomen and Ogletree Deakins. He received his J.D. in 2017 from Campbell University.
- David Crane has joined the employment litigation practice in Constangy’s Los Angeles office after spending more than seven years with LTL Attorneys. He received his J.D. in 2015 from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Katelyn Green has joined the Atlanta office. She practices in the area of workers’ compensation defense, and previously worked with several Atlanta-areas insurance defense and bankruptcy law firms. She received her J.D. in 2016 from Mercer University.
- Tedrick Hawkins has joined the labor relations and employment litigation practice in Constangy’s St. Louis office after completing his law degree at Texas Southern University and serving as a summer associate with the firm.
- Ayan Jacobs comes to Constangy’s Los Angeles office from the Sanders Roberts firm. Her practice focuses on employment litigation. She received her J.D. in 2019 from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Ernie Mejia has joined the employment litigation practice in our San Francisco office, coming from the firm of Freeman Mathis & Gary. He received his J.D. in 2019 from the University of San Francisco.
- Rodrigo Pocasangre has joined the employment litigation practice in Constangy’s Winston-Salem office after spending several years at a plaintiffs’ counsel firm. He received his J.D. in 2010 from Indiana University.
- Rachael Rustmann has joined the employment litigation practice in our Nashville office, coming to the firm from Josephson Dunlap. She received her J.D. from Texas Tech University in 2013.
About Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP:
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete offers a wider lens on workplace law. We have counseled employers exclusively since 1946. With offices in 17 states, we are one of the largest labor and employment law practices in the U.S. Constangy has been named as a top firm for women and minorities by organizations including Working Mother magazine, Law360, the National Law Journal and Vault.com. Many of our more than 180 attorneys have been recognized by leading authorities such as Chambers & Partners®, Best Lawyers in America® and Martindale Hubbell. Find out more about us online at www.constangy.com or follow us on Twitter @ConstangyLaw.