Cory is an experienced litigator who focuses his practice on helping his clients through the variety of employment law issues facing employers today. He has experience with wage/hour (including class action and PAGA claims), harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, whistleblower, breach of contract, unfair competition, and trade secret disputes. Cory has represented employers in both state and federal courts, private arbitration, and in administrative proceedings with state and federal agencies.
Cory also provides preventive counseling to help employers implement sound employment practices that reduce the threat of employment litigation. He provides employers with day-to-day advice in a variety of areas including hiring, discipline and termination, employment agreements, employee handbooks, policies, and procedures, leaves of absence, management training, trade secret protection, implementing arbitration agreements, wage/hour compliance and general employment advice.
Through his experience, Cory represents and advises clients in a variety of industries from automotive, retail, hospitality, private security, tech, manufacturing, and construction. Cory's own background and experience with the automotive industry also makes him adept at advising automotive employers regarding the unique application of employment laws in their workplace and preparing customized compensation programs to navigate and comply with California's complex wage/hour laws.
Professional & Civic Associations
- California Autobody Association, Labor & Employment Counsel
- California Motorcycle Dealers Association, Labor & Employment Counsel
- Collision Industry Conference, Human Resources Committee Chair
- University of San Diego Paralegal Advisory Board, Prior Member
- Boy Scouts of America, Prior District Chairman
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
Blogs, Videos & Podcasts
University of San Diego School of Law
- J.D., 1995
Brigham Young University
- B.A., 1991
Bar & Court Admissions
- California, 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Korean (speak, read, write)