Anjanette is a skilled trial lawyer with vast experience representing Fortune 500 and other clients in various industries against claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and denial of employee benefits before federal and state courts and administrative agencies in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Ohio. She has successfully tried employment cases to verdict, negotiated settlements, and briefed and argued appeals before the Third Circuit, and New York and New Jersey state appellate courts. Given her litigation experience, clients regularly call on her for advice on compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, as well as to conduct sensitive workplace investigations.
Prior to her employment law practice, Anjanette was a New York State Prosecutor where she tried narcotics and domestic violence cases. Anjanette also drafted and argued appeals before the Second Department. Anjanette also clerked for the Honorable Shelby Highsmith in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida.
Honors & Recognitions
- Brooklyn Law School LALSA Alumni Award (2016)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers® (2014-2017)
Professional & Civic Associations
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Deputy VP Membership (2016-2017)
- Vice-President of Membership (2014-2016)
- Fundraising Chair (2013-2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (2012). Represented local news channel single-plaintiff age discrimination matter. Verdict for defense in jury trial.
- New Jersey Superior Court – Essex County (2011). Represented large multi-state box retailer in single-plaintiff race harassment matter. Verdict for defense in jury trial.
- New York State Division of Human Rights – Syracuse Office (2015). Represented large U.S. Defense contractor at probable cause hearing in connection with sexual harassment and assault claim. Decision for defense.
- National Football League Administrative Hearing – New York, New York (2013). Represented Coach in appeal of disciplinary hearing.
- Employment and Investigations Training
- Several large multi-state retailers (2012-2017)
- National Football League Team, Minneapolis, Minnesota (2013)
- Warner Bros. Television, Brooklyn, New York (2013) – Series (on-set for cast and crew)
- Public Utilities Company, Louisville, Kentucky (2012)
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
- New York Employment Law Update - 1.17.17
- “It always seems impossible until it's done.”
- Nelson Mandela
- Trial work
- Internal Investigations and Defense
- Management Training
- Defense of Public Hearing Before Agencies
- Hon. Shelby Highsmith, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Brooklyn Law School
- J.D., 2000
Long Island University
- B.A., 1997
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, 2001
- New Jersey, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York