Joyce is a dedicated and compassionate employment defense attorney focused on counseling and advising employers on a broad range of issues in the workplace, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
During her time with the firm first as a paralegal for 6 years and now as an attorney, Joyce has represented clients in all phases of litigation, including trial and appeal, before state and federal courts, as well as before federal, state, and local administrative agencies. She enjoys working directly with clients, approaching each issue with the high level of personal attention that each matter deserves and a solution-driven approach.
Honors & Recognitions
- Lawyers of Color Annual "Hot List", 2022
Joyce was born in São Paulo, Brazil and immigrated to the United States at a young age. It was then that Joyce was acquainted with her first love, the Boston Red Sox.
Outside of work and keeping up with the Sox, Joyce leads an active life style and enjoys traveling, getting outdoors with her chiweenie Toby, dancing, reading psychological thrillers, and watching her other beloved sport team, the Green Bay Packers.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
- “When I’m in a slump, I comfort myself by saying if I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me. Then I bust out.”Mookie Wilson
- Defense of NLRB and EEOC Charges
- Employment Policy Formulation and Advice
- Defense of Grievances in Arbitrations
- Management Training
- Sexual Harassment Investigations and Defense
- Policy Analysis and Employment Law Training
Suffolk University Law School
- J.D., 2021
- B.A., 2012
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts, 2021