Nia has experience counseling businesses on a variety of labor and employment law matters under federal and state law and representing clients in litigation and proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Nia also has experience representing clients in grievance and arbitration proceedings.
In addition to her labor and employment law practice, prior to joining Constangy, Nia oversaw a business immigration practice and counseled employers on immigration law issues as well as filed immigrant and non-immigrant visa petitions. Her educational background allows her to better understand and support the intersection of clients’ business and legal needs. Nia’s previous experience, client relationship and leadership skills give her a unique skill set to serve Constangy’s clients.
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- CORRAL Riding Academy, Internal Affairs Committee (2021 – present)
- North Carolina British American Business Council, Corporate Secretary (2021 – 2022)
- Read and Feed, Board of Directors (2021 – present)
- Governance Committee (2020 – present)
Outside of work, Nia enjoys traveling (preferably to different countries, but also within the U.S.), working out at the gym, cooking, reading, learning Spanish (moderately fluent), and music. Nia has a grey tabby cat named Leo.
- "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Wake Forest University School of Law
- J.D., 2020
- Black Law Students Association, Innocence and Justice Clinic, Litigation Clinic, Wake Forest Journal of Law and Policy, Teaching Assistant – Legal Analysis, Writing, and Research, February 2020 Annual BLSA Banquet Scholarship Recipient
Wake Forest University School of Business
- M.B.A, 2021
- Evening MBA Program Class of 2021 Ambassador
North Carolina State University
- B.A., Minor in Spanish, magna cum laude
- Dean’s List
- Lambda Pi Eta Communication Honors Society, 2016 Most Outstanding Woman in Academics Scholarship, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina, 2020
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina