John is the office head of the firm's Princeton office. He concentrates his practice in the area of employment and labor litigation with an emphasis on discrimination litigation, employment counseling, restrictive covenant litigation (non-competition, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreement litigation), and FINRA securities arbitration. John has extensive trial experience in both state and federal courts in New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and New York. John has argued cases before the New Jersey Appellate Division, the New Jersey Supreme Court, and before the United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to attending law school, John worked for Bloomberg, L.P. in the European bond department.
Honors & Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent®
- Degangi v. Regus Business Management, LLC, et als., Supreme Court of the State of New York, March 28, 2013, Index No.: 158564/2012; obtained total dismissal of Complaint in suit based upon various negligence theories.
- Patrick M. O’Donnell, et al. v. Nightlife, DBA Dusk, et als., Superior Court of New Jersey, March 15, 2013, Docket No. L-398-12; obtained dismissal of Plaintiffs’ breach of contract, fraud and wage and hour claims; affirmed at the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- McGovern v. Southwest Airlines, United States District Court, D. New Jersey, January 8, 2013, 2013 WL 135128; obtained dismissal of the Complaint, in full, and termination of all of Plaintiff’s claims in this NJLAD case.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- “Two Direct and Two Cross Examinations of Plaintiff,” presented at the New Jersey Association for Justice’s Boardwalk Seminar, April 2017
Blogs & Videos
- Employment & Labor Insider, 2.13.19
- Employment & Labor Insider, 9.5.18
- "The leading rule for the lawyer, as for the man of every other calling, is diligence. Leave nothing for to-morrow which can be done to-day."
- Abraham Lincoln
- Employment Litigation
Quinnipiac College School of Law
- J.D., 1994
- Outstanding Legal Scholarship Award
University of Richmond
- B.A., 1989
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey, 1994
- New York, 1993
- Connecticut, 1993
- Pennsylvania, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania