Alexandra (Sasha) has nearly two decades of experience advising and defending employers across a variety of industries in matters impacting their workplaces - from compliance with an array of labor and employment regulations to alternative dispute resolution and employment litigation.
Sasha uses her extensive experience in labor and employment law to counsel clients on compliance with a wide array of federal and state laws and regulations, such as the FLSA, the FMLA, the ADA, Title VII, and the WARN Act, among others. She has represented clients in industries ranging from education, staffing, manufacturing, software, and hospitality.
Her practice includes creating and implementing workplace policies and procedures to address hiring practices, terminations, employee leaves of absence, disciplinary actions, wage and hour standards, discrimination and harassment, and employee disputes. She also regularly drafts employment-related contracts, including noncompetes, nonsolicits, confidentiality, and executive employment agreements.
When necessary, Sasha vigorously defends businesses in litigation and against state and federal agency actions, coordinating and executing a defense strategy, handling responses to agency investigations, and conducting internal investigations involving alleged discrimination, harassment, unprofessional conduct, and violations of wage and hour regulations.
In addition, Sasha acts as an independent investigator for institutions of higher education in both Title IX and workplace discrimination matters.
As a thought leader in the labor and employment legal space, Sasha is a sought-after presenter on topics related to the changing workplace regulatory landscape.
Honors & Recognitions
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation - Labor and Employment (2024)
- Go-To Employment Lawyer, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (2023)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers® (2021)
- Rising Star honoree, Massachusetts Super Lawyers® (2016)
Professional & Civic Associations
- Boston Bar Association
- Labor & Employment Law Section Steering Committee Member
- Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity
- Fellows Program, 2023
- Phillips Exeter Academy
- Alumni Network
On the weekends, you can find Sasha hiking a 14er, reading by the light of a campfire, attempting to follow her family down a mountain on skis while minimizing the number of broken bones, or sipping a beverage at the lodge if that fails.
- Noncompete Enforcement Thwarted - Defeated motion for preliminary injunction in Massachusetts state court seeking to prohibit staffing firm employee from working for a new employer, and vindicated ability of employee and new employer to engage in noncompetitive client service work.
- Discrimination Claim Resolved for Robotics Company - Obtained favorable resolution of national origin discrimination claim brought by former robotics company employee in federal court in Pennsylvania.
- 1st Circuit Win in Multimillion-Dollar Lawsuit Over Executive Bonus Agreement - Obtained favorable 1st Circuit ruling upholding summary judgment win against former biotech executive’s claim seeking $2.1 million in stock for breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing in connection with executive’s termination before his achievement of the milestones on which the stock grants were premised.
News & Analysis
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- Quoted in "Texas Company, CEO Must Face Wage Claims in Massachusetts," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, December 2023
- “Mass. Age Bias Ruling Holds Employer Liability Lessons,” Law360, August 2023
- Quoted in "Four-day work week wave may have crested," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, March 2023
- Quoted in "NLRB Prompts Review of Severance Agreements," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, March 2023
- Quoted in "Management-Side Attorneys Reflect on Wave of Pay Transparency Laws," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, January 2023
- “GC Development Series: Taking Your In-house Career to the Next Level,” moderator, presented to Association of Corporate Counsel Northeast, May 2023
- “Artificial Intelligence in Hiring: A Double-Edged Sword,” Association of Corporate Counsel of Greater Philadelphia Newsletter, December 2022
- “Manuscripts don’t burn.”
- Mikhail Bulgakov, from The Master and Margarita
Boston University School of Law
- J.D., cum laude, 2006
- Editor-in-Chief, Public Interest Law Journal
- B.A., magna cum laude, 2003
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts, 2010
- California, 2006