No matter how careful employers are, sometimes things do happen. When an employee is injured, a complex web of statutes, rules and formulas govern what is considered “defendable” or what otherwise constitutes fair compensation. As well, workers’ compensation cases often intertwine with other areas of employment law, especially light-duty “accommodation” strategies, drug testing programs, and willful misconduct defenses.
Constangy offers workers’ compensation defense in Alabama, Georgia, Kansas, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. We have a dedicated workers’ compensation team, made up of some of the most experienced and aggressive practitioners in the business – attorneys who know the ins and outs of all aspects of workers’ compensation and can help you deal with claims quickly, cost-effectively and with an eye toward your broader business goals.
What Sets Us Apart
- Our team has singular focus on workers’ compensation. Unlike some multi-practice law firms in which workers' compensation is considered a sideline, we have a practice group with experienced and aggressive, dedicated attorneys that focus solely on workers' compensation defense including subrogation protection, second injury trust fund pursuit recovery, and exposure reduction counseling.
- But we also help you keep an eye on the big picture. We are not a "workers' compensation only" firm, or an "insurance defense" firm. Our workers’ compensation clients benefit from the broad resources of a leading labor and employment law firm and our understanding of ancillary concerns – such as return-to-work issues, terminations, ADA, FMLA, COBRA, OSHA and HIPAA – that interconnect with workers’ compensation issues and can increase your exposure if not managed holistically.
- Insurers appreciate our aggressive cost-effective manner of defending and closing claims, and our agility in handling matters efficiently. Our workers' compensation practice is approved on panels or as exceptions for most major insurers. Insurers find their insureds trust Constangy to help minimize and avoid exposure in workers’ compensation claims. Insurers also benefit because our experience and resources ensure agility in handling every manner of workers’ compensation issue, within the prickly time constraints insurers often face.
- Our workers’ compensation team is cognizant of cost-conscious decisions our clients make and believes these decisions are best made when fully informed. Our team includes dedicated workers’ compensation partners, associate lawyers, and paralegals who work together to cost-effectively defend claims. Rates are competitive with other workers’ compensation practices while clients receive aggressive defense and counsel from seasoned lawyers. We are large enough to provide broad resources but nimble and efficient enough to meet your needs in legal matters that are particularly time-sensitive.
What We Do
Our team has successfully defended every manner of workers' compensation claims ranging from basic credibility cases to carpal tunnel or back strain cases to amputations, death and alleged permanent total/catastrophic cases.
Constangy’s Workers’ Compensation Defense team represents clients in a wide variety of industries, including but not limited to, the following:
- Health care
- Retail and wholesale sales
- PEOs and temporary employers
- Public utilities
- Sports and entertainment
- Food and restaurants/hotels
We are often asked to conduct seminars for both insurance adjusters and employers. When desired, Constangy can obtain approval for adjuster continuing education credit.
News & Analysis
Newsletters & Bulletins
- Briefings & Seminars, State Bar of Georgia, 2.18.20
- Briefings & Seminars, State Bar of Georgia, 2.12.19
- Briefings & Seminars, Cobb Galleria Centre, 5.10.18
- Briefings & Seminars, State Bar of Georgia, 2.20.18
- Briefings & Seminars, 2.17.17
- Briefings & Seminars, 2.26.16
- Briefings & Seminars, 2.11.15
- Briefings & Seminars, 1.16.15
- Briefings & Seminars, 2.28.14
Workers' Compensation Calculators
Number of Weeks Calculator
Present Value Calculator
Life Expectancy Calculator
- Katherine (Kitty) Boyte
- Jason Burk
- Sunil Cherian
- Claire Cronin
- Kelli Hill
- Katie Kelley
- Catherine Koura
- Jordan Koziol
- Mark Leach
- Jason Logan
- Lori Mans
- Pierrette McCalla
- Carl McCalla, III
- Marcia McShane
- Dana Nelson
- Brooke Nixon
- Eric Proser
- M. Kathryn Rogers
- Barbara Ruark
- Richard Trewhella, Jr.
- Cassandra Williams
- Meg Zabijaka