6.2.20 | Tuesday 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. ET
Employers are reopening and bringing employees back to work after the coronavirus-related shutdowns. That’s good, but there are a number of wage and hour pitfalls waiting for unaware employers:
Overtime exemption issues
- Can an employer pay an exempt employee “hazardous duty” pay without affecting the salary basis test?
- Can an employer reduce the pay or work hours of an exempt employee in response to a financial hardship?
- Can an employer assign non-exempt tasks to an exempt employee without losing the exemption?
Compensable, or not?
- Taking employees’ temperatures
- Donning and doffing a mask or other protective equipment
- Wiping down equipment and vehicles
- Safety activities at home before the start of the work day
- Attending COVID-19 safety training
- Traveling to a COVID-19 testing site
- Grievance Meetings regarding work conditions
- Volunteering during COVID-19 crisis
- Recording work time
- Deductions from wages
This webinar will be presented by Jim Coleman and Ellen Kearns, co-chairs of Constangy’s Wage and Hour Practice Group.
Continuing Education: HRCI / SHRM