Most businesses today face unprecedented competition. The need for flexible global operations and the demand for technical skills has created new challenges in creating and maintaining a workforce that will help your company stay competitive. With increased security challenges, tightened quotas and a maze of fast-changing laws, getting and keeping the foreign workers you need is increasingly difficult.
What Sets Us Apart
Constangy is nationally recognized for its proficiency in business immigration law. We have experienced and dedicated immigration lawyers who work with domestic and international corporations and businesses in developing strategies to facilitate the international transfer of key workers.
Constangy’s immigration practice group understands that immigration issues are of the utmost importance to your foreign nationals and their family members, and we strive to interact with these persons both professionally and compassionately.
Our goal in serving our clients’ immigration needs is to provide a straightforward and cost-effective approach to work visas and green cards.
- We provide summaries of information and documentation needed for visa preparation to our contact persons in the company and interface directly as requested with foreign nationals. We are committed to continuous innovation that drives efficiency and adds value.
- We make use of an electronic immigration case management system which not only permits us to generate the various immigration-related forms but also to receive and send information and forms electronically. The system allows us to track all case information and documents, and set up automatic reminders of important dates for visa and work authorization applicants.
- Our services are provided at a reasonable cost and on an expedited basis. Our “flat fee” billing system assists our clients in controlling costs. Although we use highly skilled paralegals for preparation of certain forms and related documentation, each case is overseen from start to finish by one of our experienced immigration attorneys.
What We Do
- Help clients obtain business visas; permanent labor certifications and immigrant visas
- Assist clients with I-9 compliance guidance, internal audits, defense of ICE audits, IRCA compliance and Social Security “mismatch” letters
- Facilitate consular representation for foreign executives, managers and professionals
- Prepare H-1B petitions; L-1 petitions; E-2 investor applications; I-140 immigrant visa petitions; Schedule A healthcare professionals; TN applications under NAFTA; E-1 trader applications, O-1 petitions, H-3 petitions, J-1 petitions, B-1 business visitor visas, B-1 domestic worker visas and I-485 permanent residency applications with advance parole and employment authorization.
News & Analysis
Newsletters & Bulletins
- Change to “Accrual of Unlawful Presence” rule will make it tougher for employers to hire foreign students or exchange visitors who have overstayed5.14.18
- The 2018 H-1B petition filing season is here! To maximize your chance of success, please contact us by February 126.96.36.199
- DHS ending Temporary Protected Status relief for El Salvador, Haiti, Nicaragua – and Honduras may be next1.9.18
- President Trump endorses RAISE Act, which would reduce levels of legal immigration and dramatically change existing immigration policy8.4.17
- Another way to get that “extreme vetting”: New visa questionnaire will make immigration more difficult6.12.17
- DON’T GO AWAY! What President Trump’s Immigration Order means for employers and for the foreign nationals they employ1.30.17
- The 2017 H-1B petition filing season is here! To maximize your chance of success, please contact us by February 188.8.131.52
- TIME FLIES WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN: Start getting those H-1B petitions ready for the 2015 filing season1.13.15
- Webinar: What every employer needs to know about the Trump Administration changes to immigration lawWebinar, Webinar, 5.23.18
- Winston-Salem Breakfast Briefing: Immigration Enforcement in the Trump Era - What Every Employer Should KnowBriefings & Seminars, 7.26.17
- Briefings & Seminars, 4.12.17
- Webinar, 1.12.17
- Retail Operations Insights, 9.17.18
- USCIS Homepage
- Check Your Case Status Online
- Service Center Processing Times Reports
- InfoPass- Make an appointment with the USCIS
- U.S. Department of State - Info on Visa Processing
- Link to US Embassies and Consulates Worldwide
- How do I notify the USCIS of my change of address?
- Where to find a list of approved civil surgeons approved by the USCIS to perform medical exams- Designated Civil Surgeons