David is a member of the Constangy Cyber Team based in the New York office. David counsels clients on a wide array of data privacy and cybersecurity issues. David helps clients navigate the incident response process in a comprehensive manner, including collaborating with digital forensic investigators, evaluating the scope and nature of potentially impacted data sets, implementing containment and remediation efforts, and formulating crisis management and communications strategies. David also provides legal guidance with respect to identifying and ensuring compliance with consumer, industry-specific, contractual and regulatory notification obligations related to data security incidents, as well as proactive risk mitigation and bespoke data security safeguards. No matter what challenges a client may face, David brings compassion, a positive attitude, and a sincere dedication to helping them achieve the best possible outcome.
David draws on over a decade of experience at a national AmLaw 100 firm in New York, with a practice including a range of complex litigation matters such as bankruptcy, white collar, data privacy, and asset recovery. Notably, David was a member of the team representing the court-appointed SIPA trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC to assist in the unprecedented recovery of over $14.5 billion for victims of Madoff’s fraud. In his current practice, David leverages his experience assisting clients with navigating complicated e-discovery challenges, developing and implementing privacy policies to meet unique client-specific needs, coordinating with government agencies on complex matters intersecting both civil and criminal law, and advising on cross-border data transfer issues and compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
David holds the U.S. Certified Information Privacy Professional for United States law (CIPP/US) credential. David earned his Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, from Boston College, and his law degree from Brooklyn Law School.
Honors & Recognitions
2021 New York Metro Rising Star
Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2019-2020)
Professional & Civic Associations
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) for United States law (US) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Berkshire Mountain Comedy Arts Festival, Co-Founder and Business Director
In 2021, David created and launched a charitable organization, the Berkshire Mountain Comedy Arts Festival, focused on raising funds and awareness for various charities, groups and causes in his hometown area (the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts) by producing year-round array of comedy shows and live performance events.
David has dedicated his time and support to pro bono practice, including work with the following partner organizations:
- Safe Passage: representing unaccompanied immigrant minors with legal issues related to their immigration status.
- TLDEF: collaborating with TLDEF on the Name Change Project to assist transgender individuals with legal name changes to reflect their gender identities.
- NY COVID Small Business Clinic: advise small business owners on guidelines and requirements of the Payroll Protection Program and related issues.
- Her Justice: representing low-income victims of domestic violence with range of legal issues.
- NYC Law Department: served as special assistant corporation counsel for the New York City Law Department to conduct and defend depositions on behalf of NYC in civil actions.
Brooklyn Law School
- J.D., 2010
- B.A., magna cum laude, 2003
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York