Hussain focuses his practice on labor and employment matters, characterized by his unwavering commitment to litigation and client advocacy. Prior to becoming a part of Constangy, he practiced law at a national AmLaw 100 firm, where he guided employers on a diverse range of employment-related matters. His experience encompassed wage and hour concerns, PAGA cases, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination litigation.
Hussain's legal career began with a mission to provide vital legal assistance to marginalized communities in his roles at the Los Angeles HIV Law & Policy Project (LA HLPP). He commenced his journey as a Staff Attorney and eventually took on the responsibility of Acting Director. After LA HLPP, Hussain worked at a prominent plaintiff-side civil rights firm where he worked on several high-profile sexual harassment matters.
In addition to his labor and employment practice, Hussain generously dedicates his time to offering pro bono representation to gay and transgender refugees embroiled in removal proceedings. Furthermore, he actively serves as a volunteer panel attorney within the AIDS Legal Services Project, which operates under the aegis of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. These endeavors underscore his unwavering commitment to legal service and advocacy.
Honors & Recognitions
- City of Los Angeles, Honoree, 2019
- Awarded by City Councilmember Herb Wesson for advocating for the LGBTQ community.
- California State Senate, Honoree, 2018
- Awarded by Senator Anthony Portantino at the annual HIV/AIDS Action Summit.
Hussain is a cat-lover, an aspiring yogi, and a poet.
- “Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity… And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world.”
- Justice Antonin Scalia
- Race, Sex, and Medical Condition/Disability Discrimination Defense
University of California, Los Angeles School of Law
- J.D., 2016
UCLA Journal of Islamic & Near Eastern Law, Editor in Chief
- B.A., 2011
Bar & Court Admissions
- California, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Sindhi (Regional Language of Pakistan’s Sindh Province)