Sebastian is a member of the Constangy Cyber Team and is based in Washington, D.C. He brings a wealth of experience in cybersecurity and risk management in providing compliance advisory services to clients. He is dedicated to ensuring that clients are effectively protected against novel, emerging, and persistent threats to their essential data. Sebastian has counseled large teams and senior government officials on the technical and legal elements of their cybersecurity needs. He works with clients to draft governance frameworks that meet operational needs and mitigate the risk of cybersecurity threats while providing robust protections for constitutional, statutory, and contractual considerations. Sebastian has substantial experience facilitating tabletop exercises and participating in situation rooms for clients in both the private and public sectors to prepare for and respond to emergencies. He also ensures that he stays abreast of the latest legal developments and emerging issues in the cybersecurity and data privacy industry to better serve client needs.
Prior to joining Constangy, Sebastian worked for the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), where he gained invaluable agency experience. Through his ability to analyze complex issues, he advised senior officials of the Department of Homeland Security on practical and legal considerations for implementing agency programs. During his time at CISA, Sebastian was a member of a team that received the Department of Homeland Security Secretary’s Award for Leadership Excellence. He also had a leadership role in organizing and leading a team of attorneys to provide operational guidance on delivering products and services to private entities and federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government stakeholders.
Before his time at the CISA, Sebastian was an associate at an AM 200 full-service firm. He served in a judicial internship for the Honorable Nora Barry Fischer of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. He also held a legal internship position for the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, U.S. Army 101st ABN DIV, and was certified by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court for practice in a legal internship for the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office.
In addition to earning his Juris Doctor from the University of Notre Dame, Sebastian earned a Master of Science in Information Security Policy and Management from Carnegie Mellon University, as well as the following certifications: Associate Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) through the International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)², Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) for United States law (U.S.) and Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), and CERT Insider Threat Program Manager Certificate Recipient from the Software Engineering Institute.
Professional & Civic Associations
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Capital Region, Volunteer (2021-present)
- Associate Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) through the International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)²
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) for United States law (US) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- CERT Insider Threat Program Manager Certificate Recipient from the Software Engineering Institute
- Certified Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
News & Analysis
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- "The Post-COVID-19 Era Brings a New Age of Cybersecurity Concern", The Legal Intelligencer, July 2020
Blogs, Videos & Podcasts
- Constangy Cyber Advisor ,
- Constangy Cyber Advisor ,
Carnegie Mellon University - Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy
- M.S. Information Security Policy and Management, highest distinction, 2021
- Recipient of the CyberCorps: Scholarship for Service
University of Notre Dame Law School
- J.D., cum laude, 2019
- Faculty Awards for Excellence in Cyber Crime Law and Information Technology Law
- Journal of Legislation, Managing Note Editor
- Teaching Assistant in the Department of Political Science
Ohio State University
- B.A. Philosophy, cum laude, 2016
- B.A. International Relations & Diplomacy, cum laude, 2016
Bar & Court Admissions
- Washington D.C., 2022
- Pennsylvania, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania