Tazamisha has represented management clients in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies on a range of labor and employment matters, with an emphasis on the defense of harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination claims. She also counsels employers on compliance with state and federal employment laws, including employee leave laws, discipline, and termination and provides training to supervisory and non-management employees on a wide array of issues, including anti-discrimination laws and performance management.
Prior to joining Constangy, Imara served as in-house counsel for five years directing and assisting outside counsel on a variety of legal issues, with emphasis on employment law and employee relations.
Professional & Civic Associations
Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- "Invest yourself in everything you do. There's fun in being serious."
- John Coltrane
University of California; Boalt Hall School of Law
- J.D., 1998
Harvard University; John F. Kennedy School of Government
- M.P.P., 1995
- B.A., cum laude, 1993
Bar & Court Admissions
- California, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California