Work-life balance is important to Constangy. It’s an integral part of our corporate culture, and we also work to encourage others to promote work-life balance within their organizations. We know that strong work-life balance programs can help employers not only create a happy, less stressful working environment, but they can also help attract and retain top talent.
Since 2006, we have presented an annual Excellence in Work-Life Balance Award that recognizes companies that are successfully promoting work-life balance through the development of specific policies and programs. No matter how large or small the initiative or program – or the size of the employer – we want to hear about it. The award recognizes excellence in work-life balance in either overall efforts or in the success of one particular program, with an emphasis on measurable results.
Nominations may be made by human resources departments on behalf of entire companies for company-wide work-life balance efforts, OR by in-house counsel on behalf of in-house legal departments’ work-life balance efforts. Nominations may be made for comprehensive programs that cover several work-life balance efforts, or for one initiative in particular that has had a substantial positive effect on the company and its employees.
Each year, the winning organization receives a crystal trophy and a $1,000 donation in the company’s name to the charity of its choice.
Application is now closed.
For more information on our annual Excellence in Work-Life Balance Award, please contact Christine Johnakin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Work-Life Balance Award Winners
Excellence in Work-Life Balance Award:
- Jennasis & Associates, 2021
- Polk County (FL) Board of County Commissioners, 2020
- Lakeland Regional Health, 2019
- Zurich American Insurance Company, 2018
- The School District of Lee County, FL, 2017
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners, 2015
- Sharp Healthcare, 2014
- Cornell University, 2013
- The National Student Clearinghouse, 2012
- BlueCross/Blue Shield of Tennessee, 2011
- SSOE (Honorable Mention), 2011
- DeRoyal, 2010
Corporate Counsel Work-Life Balance Award Winners:
- Sodexo, Inc., 2008
- The Timberland Company, 2007
- Novant Health, 2006
Human Resource Work-Life Balance Initiative Award Winners:
- Advanced Electronic Services, 2009
- Preferred Family Healthcare, Inc., 2008