If you have employees in Illinois, you likely already heard about the major new legislation that has been passed in recent months, giving employees new entitlements to certain leave, benefits and access to information. No matter how many employees you have in Illinois, all employers should revisit vacation, sick, paid time-off, and other leave policies, request forms, and procedures to comply with the new legislation. Come join us to learn the details of what you may need to change in your policies and to ensure compliance in 2024 and beyond.
Topics covered include:
- Preparation for the Paid Leave for All Workers Act, requiring paid leave for any reason and without any documentation requirement, beginning on January 1, 2024
- Overview of new organ donation and bereavement leave entitlements in 2024
- Highlights of new employee rights and benefits in 2024, including protections for striking workers, expanded employee rights to review their personnel records, and required pre-tax commuter benefits
- Summary of the new Freelance Workers Act, which goes into effect July 1, 2024, and its expansion of rights and protections for independent contractors
- Overview of amendments to the Equal Pay Act, which will require job postings for positions in Illinois to include compensation and benefit information beginning on January 1, 2025
*This program is pending IL CLE, SHRM and HRCI credits