Erica is a dedicated employment defense attorney focused on assisting employers with employment litigation prevention and defense. She has represented employers in state and federal courts and before various administrative agencies in litigation involving claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, and claims arising from other state and federal laws that govern the employment relationship.
Additionally, Erica has extensive experience with workplace investigations. Erica has conducted workplace investigations for Fortune 500 companies, educational institutions, and public sector employers concerning claims of sexual harassment, retaliation, discrimination, and other inappropriate conduct.
Erica is a Texas-certified mediator and allows her mediation training to help her find creative solutions for her clients. As a compassionate individual and attorney, Erica recognizes that each legal issue a client faces is unique and brings a client-focused approach to every matter she works on.
Professional & Civic Associations
- Federal Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Black Women Lawyers’ Association
- National Employment Law Counsel (NELC), Fellow
- Steel City Academy, Board of Directors
Prior to joining Constangy, Erica was a high school history teacher in Northwest Indiana where she also coached high school track and field and cheerleading. She still enjoys watching both sports.
Outside of work, Erica enjoys spending time with her nieces and nephews, binge watching Netflix with her dog Legend, and testing out great food at local restaurants. Erica is also an avid Michigan football fan.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
- 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 4120 | Chicago, IL | 60606
- Chicago Office - Breakfast Roundtable
- 300 S. Wacker Dr., Chicago, Illinois 60606
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- “Black Girl Magic: Due Process and the Disappearance of Black Girls In Public Education,” Willamette University Social Justice & Equity Law Journal, May 2020
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.”
- Estee Lauder
Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2020
- President of the Women of Law - Lois Prestage Woods Organization
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Labor Law
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund Scholar
University of Michigan
- B.A., 2013
- Major: Political Science; Minor: Urban Studies
- Dean’s List
Bar & Court Admissions
- Missouri, 2020
- Kansas, 2021
- Illinois, 2021
- Nebraska, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas