Carl joined Constangy after spending many years as the Lead Administrative Law Judge for the Georgia State Board of Workers' Compensation's Metropolitan Atlanta office. As a Judge for eight years, he presided over thousands of trials and cases.
Previously, Carl was a trial attorney handling a variety of legal matters, including employment discrimination, medical malpractice and toxic torts. Specializing in complex cases, he has extensive experience as a certified mediator.
Carl believes preventative measures are as important as zealous representation in meeting the ultimate needs of his clients. In that regard, he actively counsels his clients on the proper steps to take in order to avoid litigation or to prepare for litigation before it arises. He has always believed in counseling and being available for consultation on employment matters and policies before litigation arises. He enjoys lecturing to a wide audience -- including attorneys, adjusters, insurer, employers and self-insurers -- on matters of effective trial preparation and presentation.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America ® (2023)
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association's Minority Clerkship Program, Chair
- Camp Kudzu, Board of Directors
- Price Performing Arts Center, Board of Directors
Carl enjoys spending time with his family and serving as a volunteer coach for their many athletic pursuits. Beyond that, he is an avid reader.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- “Don't give up, don't ever give up!”
- Jimmy Valvano, while accepting the first Arthur Ashe Courage and Humanitarian Award and announcing the creation of the "V Foundation", an organization dedicated to finding a cure for cancer, during the inaugural ESPY Awards.
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- Subrogation Recovery
- Civil Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Emory University School of Law
- J.D., 1993
- B.A., Economics & Public Policy, 1990
Bar & Court Admissions
- Georgia, 1993
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia