John represents and advises employers in all aspects of employment law matters. He is experienced in litigating cases before federal and state courts and administrative agencies. He has successfully represented clients in matters involving claims of discrimination; harassment and retaliation in the workplace; whistleblower retaliation; wage and hour violations; breach of employment contracts; and other employment-related claims. John is well-versed in single-plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, and class/collective litigation.
Prior to joining Constangy, John was an attorney at a plaintiffs’ firm in Kansas City where he represented employees on an individual and class-wide basis. His experience representing employees gives John a valuable perspective in his representation of employers.
Honors & Recognitions
Rising Star, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® (2017-2019)
Professional & Civic Associations
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City
- Young Lawyers Section, Board Member, 2018-Present
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
John enjoys watching and attending professional sporting events. He is an avid fan of NBA basketball, the Kansas City Chiefs, and Sporting Kansas City. John also enjoys staying active by participating in recreational sports leagues.
John resides in Overland Park, Kansas with his wife, Mickaela, and their pug, Farley.
- “Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you would rather have talked.”
- Mark Twain
Washburn University School of Law
- J.D., 2014
Truman State University
- B.A., Business Administration, 2011
Bar & Court Admissions
- Missouri, 2014
- Kansas, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas