From trucking companies to airlines to automobile rentals, the transportation industry is a diverse sector with a wide range of specialized employment law needs. This sector of our economy is highly-regulated at the federal and state levels. Yet it is also more decentralized than other industries, making compliance with varying regulations especially challenging.
What Sets Us Apart
Constangy’s Transportation Industry Group brings to the table decades of experience designed to help transportation-related businesses with any aspect of their employment-related needs. Our lawyers have represented entities across the country – ranging from sole proprietorships to some of the nation’s largest employers – in litigation, regulatory and administrative issues specific to the transportation industry. Attorneys within the group have worked for decades to develop knowledge and expertise that allows them to better understand and serve the complex needs and interests of the airline, automotive, trucking, railroad, shipping, and related fields.
What We Do
Our Constangy team has longstanding relationships with our transportation clients, advising and representing them on issues including workplace safety, union avoidance, collective bargaining, NLRB charge defense, charges of discrimination, wage and hour claims, drug testing, operator medical and other qualifications, employee benefits, wage and hour, workforce reduction, international, whistleblower and other issues.
- We have represented two of the nation’s largest airlines in more than a two dozen single plaintiff litigation matters covering issues ranging from age discrimination to rest break violations.
- Over the course of a decade-long relationship, we have represented a national car rental company in more than 100 single plaintiff litigation matters.
- We play a lead role in helping major trucking and logistics company secure visas and green cards for a large multinational workforce.
- We provide litigation and labor relations counsel with several metropolitan airport authorities and leading ground services providers.
News & Analysis
- Webinar, Webinar, 3.23.20
- Webinar, Webinar, 8.28.19
- Webinar - Dreaded DOT Safety Concern Letter: 5 steps to making a legally defensible fitness for duty determinationWebinar, Webinar, 4.3.18
- Employment & Labor Insider, 7.13.20
- Employment & Labor Insider, 6.22.20
- Employment & Labor Insider, 6.9.20
- Employment & Labor Insider, 1.17.19
- Susan Bassford Wilson
- William A. "Zan" Blue, Jr.
- Richard Brown
- Teresa Bult
- Aaron Chang
- Terry Clark
- Jill Evert
- W. Melvin Haas, III
- R. Evan Jarrold
- Lynsey Johnson
- W. Jonathan Martin, II
- Marcia McShane
- Heather Miller
- Robert Ortbals Jr.
- Frank Shuster
- Carolyn Sieve
- David Smith
- David Vogel
- Amber Wilson Bagley