Katie focuses her practice of law in the realm of workers’ compensation defense, representing employers, insurers, and self-insureds in the state of Georgia.
After graduating law school, Katie began her career working in the bankruptcy field, representing individual debtors filing Chapter 7 and 13 petitions. Upon moving to Atlanta in 2018, Katie moved into the workers’ compensation defense field with another firm in the city. In 2020, she briefly began practicing in the general insurance defense realm, focusing on UM/UIM cases and liability cases, before returning to workers’ compensation defense in 2022 when she joined Constangy. Katie represents her clients in all aspects of the workers’ compensation claim, including investigation, mediation, and appeals.
Honors & Recognitions
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" for Workers' Compensation Law - Employers (2024)
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Young Lawyers Division
Katie lives in Atlanta with her two cocker spaniels Rory and Max. She is a theme park enthusiast and enjoys traveling. During the fall, she loves cheering on the Georgia Bulldogs football team. Katie also enjoys reading, watching movies, and playing the flute.
- “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”Walt Disney
- Workers’ compensation defense
- Civil litigation
Mercer University School of Law
- J.D., 2016
- Member of Robert F. Wagner National Labor and Employment Law Moot Court team
University of Georgia
- B.A., 2011
- Member of the Redcoat Marching Band
- Member of Kappa Kappa Psi
Bar & Court Admissions
- Georgia, 2016
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals