Allison is a member of the Constangy Cyber Team and specializes in data privacy and contractual security requirements, and represents clients in high-stakes technology transactions involving intricate regulatory and business needs. She focuses her contracting practice on a wide range of IT-related areas, including software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), professional services, software, licensing, data survey, hosting, and other agreements.
Allison counsels clients on a variety of national and international privacy regimes, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), state privacy and consumer protection laws (including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)) the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), New York Education Law 2-D, and industry best practices.
She has experience developing organizational contracting practices for companies, both domestic and international, spanning multiple jurisdictions. She also assists clients in drafting specialized data privacy and security programs that adhere to legal requirements and offer workable solutions for organizational objectives. In addition, Allison advises clients on required employee and consumer-facing privacy notices and obligations, including employee privacy notices, website privacy policies, and associated data subject request requirements.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Daily Record & Rochester Business Journal Corporate Counsel Rising Stars (2019)
Professional & Civic Associations
- New York State Bar Association
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA), Member
- Established and directed legal and contracting operations for a growing SaaS provider.
- Drafted contracting protocols across international online gaming, data aggregator, and health plan clients to align to regulatory obligations and business needs.
- Developed comprehensive contracting response, protocols, and data protection agreements for multinational clients in response to updated cross-border data transfer mechanisms, including the invalidation of the EU-US Privacy Shield, revised EU Standard Contractual Clauses, and UK International Data Transfer Addendum.
- Negotiated complex technology transactions for EdTech vendor.
- Drafted website and mobile app privacy policies, cookie policies, and just-in-time notices for cannabis SaaS provider.
- Advised on data security and privacy policies and program implementation for publicly traded biotech company.
Blogs, Videos & Podcasts
- Constangy Cyber Advisor ,
William & Mary Law School
- J.D., 2017
- Virginia Trial Association’s Trial Advocacy Award (2017)
- Gambrell Professionalism Award (2017)
University of Maryland, College Park
- B.A., 2011
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, 2019