Julia has a wide array of experience litigating employment law matters on behalf of Fortune 500 companies and public entities, which include 42 U.S. Code Section 1983 civil rights claims. Having represented both plaintiffs and defendants in discrimination, harassment and retaliation lawsuits, Julia is uniquely positioned to valuate state and federal claims against employers in the early stages of litigation for successful resolution. As an experienced trial lawyer, Julia understands the importance of building trust with her clients, investigating and discovering all relevant facts and witnesses, and assessing the credibility and likeability of the parties, their representatives, and potential witnesses to give her clients the best chance of success at trial.
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- California Lawyers Association, Labor & Employment Section
Outside of the office, Julia enjoys cycling, rock climbing, surfing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- Argued in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (en banc) on behalf of a minor plaintiff with learning disabilities against the application of qualified immunity in a Fourth Amendment wrongful detention and excessive force claim, reversing in part judgment in favor of defendants (C.B. v. Sonora, 769 F.3d 1005, 1011 (9th Cir. 2014));
- Drafted several successful motions for summary judgment on behalf of private and public entities in the areas of civil rights and employment discrimination/harassment;
- Obtained favorable settlement in representing a former Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Deputy in a high-profile civil rights action for alleged violations of the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments.
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take."Wayne Gretzky
- Defense of NLRB and EEOC Charges
- Defense of Grievances in Arbitrations
- Sexual Harassment Investigations and Defense
Golden Gate University School of Law
- J.D., Specialization in Litigation and Intellectual Property Law, 2012
- B.A., Psychology & Criminal Justice, 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- California, 2012
- All California district courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit