Mary Virginia provides comprehensive counsel to employers across a diverse spectrum of employment and labor law matters. She guides and supports employers in navigating complex legal landscapes, skillfully representing them in various legal arenas, including federal and state courts, as well as administrative agencies like the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Florida Commission on Human Relations (FCHR).
Mary Virginia's insights and strategic advice assist clients in addressing a myriad of management and employment-related challenges. Her areas of focus span from crucial aspects such as recruitment and termination processes to the intricacies of handling disability and leave matters. She also offers guidance on crafting and implementing effective employment policies and practices, negotiating employment agreements, and deploying proactive strategies for litigation prevention.
Professional & Civic Associations
- The Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Mary Virginia is married to Jonathon Ballantyne, and has a daughter, Libby, and an English Cocker Spaniel named Piper. She loves to spend time with her family and friends, cheer on the Alabama Crimson Tide, and go to the beach whenever she gets a chance.
- "There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
- Colin Powell
Wake Forest University School of Law
- J.D., 2022
- Pro Bono Honors Society
- Wake Forest Medical-Legal Partnership Development Team
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Phi Alpha Delta, Secretary
Washington and Lee University
- B.A., Sociology/Anthropology, Latin American Caribbean Studies Minor; cum laude, 2015
- Brackett Priddy Prize; Awarded to student who exhibits courage and character in the face of overwhelming odds
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida, 2023
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida