- Occupation Safety and Health
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia, 1973
University of Toledo, Toledo, OH
- J.D., 1973
Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- B.S., Business, 1970
“I will make it work!”
--Pat Tyson, OSHA Lawyer
Pat Tyson is a partner with Constangy. He has been with the firm since May 1986, after a 13-year career at the U.S. Department of Labor. He began his career in the Department’s Solicitor’s Office, where he served as an attorney representing the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). He later worked for OSHA, where he held the positions of Director of Compliance, Deputy Assistant Secretary and served two terms as the Acting Assistant Secretary for the Agency.
Mr. Tyson heads the firm's OSHA Practice Group, representing clients on a wide range of safety and health issues. He is the former Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Safety Counsel, and serves as Counsel to the Voluntary Protection Program Participant's Association.
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized in the publication, Best Lawyers In America 2007-2015
- Chambers USA Guide
- Best Lawyers/Georgia's Best Lawyers
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Safety Council
- Former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the National Safety Council's Foundation for Safety and Health
- Counsel to the Voluntary Protection Programs Participants' Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association's Committee on Occupational Safety and Health Law
Other Personal Background Information and Interests
- Pat enjoys boating and fishing in his free time.